My Choice Children's Homes
Full Job Description
Due to expansion we are looking for a TA to join our friendly team at My Choice School in Arundel.
My Choice School is an independent SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs) school situated near Arundel in West Sussex, and we are committed to the learning and development of our young people.
My Choice School delivers ASDAN Short Courses and Functional Skills English and Maths (Entry 1, 2, 3; L1 and L2) and has SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development) and safeguarding at the heart of our learning.
You will work alongside a teacher in a small class and will share our belief in a restorative approach to behaviour will encourage our young people to learn from challenges and you will find the team’s commitment to the school community very rewarding.
If you have classroom experience but do not have SEMH setting experience but feel you have the right values and would be willing to learn we would welcome an application from you so that we can discuss further.
Working hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to helping the Teacher run the school day,
- Taking part in the school meetings
- Providing support for the school through creating displays
- Supporting classroom preparation
- Contributing to the school community
What will you receive from us?
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A Pension and access to the Staff Perkbox benefits scheme
What do you need to be successful?
- The ability to manage and encourage students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare alongside their emotional and behavioural development
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.