- Full Time
- Glasgow, UK
Customer Service Representative – GI (Motor)
Serving our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day.
Colleagues in our General Insurance department support Tesco Bank customers with their home and motor insurance needs. You will be supporting customers who hold a policy with us and servicing their needs, including making changes to their policy.
As a Tesco Bank Customer Service Representative, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and representing our brand. You will be interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services. You may also be required to handle and resolve customer complaints. With every call we take, we have a fresh chance to turn everyday money matters into an exceptional experience and to elevate our brand in the marketplace.
Tesco Bank colleagues can be office-based or enjoy our blended working model which allows colleagues to spend the majority of time working from home and come together in our physical office space for the moments that matter.
Note, you will initially be required to undergo office-based working for onboarding and training purposes. You may request to move to hybrid working following the successful completion of training, induction, and competency in role.
- Using your excellent listening and rapport building skills to provide an outstanding customer service
- Communicating with customers through various communication channels, primarily you will be working inbound calls but may be required to conduct outbound calls on occasion
- Using your own judgement to resolve customer queries appropriately
- Educating customers on the full range of products and services we offer – don’t worry, full training will be provided to ensure you are a Tesco Bank expert
- Listening to customers personal circumstances to understand their requirements and provide personalised solutions
- Entering customer data into our Customer Relationship Management system to ensure we have the relevant contact information
What you’ll bring:
We don’t expect you to tick every box, and if you feel you hit most of the brief, it’s worth exploring to further develop your career here with us at Tesco Bank.
- Customer Service experience from retail, hospitality, leisure or a call centre environment is desired but not essential
- Communication, listening and empathy skills
- Comfortable with technology and the ability to use Microsoft Office
- The passion to deliver a truly excellent customer experience
You’ll be working hard to do your best by our customers, so we want to make sure we’re doing our best by you.
- Competitive salary starting from £20,500 plus annual bonus
- Blended working model in which you can enjoy working from home the majority of tome and coming together with colleagues in our offices for the moments that matter (to be discussed with your manager following the successful completion of training, induction, and competency of role)
- Colleague Clubcard which grants 10% discount in Tesco stores (rising to 15% every pay weekend) and 20% off F&F clothing
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional holidays
- Generous pension scheme with contributions matched 1:1 up to 7.5%
- Mental and physical wellbeing benefits including our cycle to work scheme, wellness and health resources including gym membership and access to our headspace app
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity leave, shared parental leave policy and 4 weeks paid paternity leave
- We recognise the need for flexibility for everyone, from parents and caregivers to students and everyone in between. We have a number of shift patterns available to support your work-life balance. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for this role with the hiring manager
Why Tesco Bank?
At Tesco Bank everyone is welcome, we value our people and diverse teams and believe the variety of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger in achieving our goals. It’s important to us that we make sure you’re supported by your team and colleague networks every day, celebrating when it matters and helping you to be the best version of yourself. The people make Tesco Bank, and we take pride in what we achieve together.
We’re also a little obsessed with the future. Your future. Our future. That’s why we take development seriously; we want to help you thrive and evolve in your career. Tesco Bank is a place to get on, all colleagues have access to LinkedIn Learning and Abstract, from day one.
All that hard work? Come and see it turned into something real, usable, and important to customers’ and colleagues’ everyday lives. At Tesco Bank, our products make things a little better for everyone.
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance. While it’s an innovation, ours is a business built on the next development, the evolution to come. For forward-thinking, technical professionals, that means making a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking for our customers.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.