The British School
Teacher, Primary School
THE BRITISH SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reports to: Key Stage Leader
- Role: The role of the Primary Teacher is to help students apply concepts through classroom instruction and presentations.
- Their role is also to prepare lessons, grade papers, manage the classroom, meet with parents, and work closely with other school staff
Planning and preparing for students’ learning:
- Plan appropriately using knowledge and understanding of The British School Context.
- Keep abreast of contemporary pedagogical approaches and work to implement best practices.
- Possess appropriate content knowledge.
- Have an understanding of student’s needs and abilities and design appropriate learning experiences.
- Identify appropriate learning outcomes for students.
- Plan and implement effective assessment for/of learning which enhances outcomes for students.
Creating an effective learning environment:
- Create a respectful classroom environment.
- Establish an effective rapport with students and colleagues.
- Establish a culture for learning.
- Establish and maintain effective classroom management.
- Manage individual student behaviour.
- Manage physical space.
- Support students socially, emotionally and academically.
- Reinforce and reward positive behaviors.
Teaching and learning:
- Communicate clearly.
- Use effective questioning and discussion techniques.
- Engage and motivate students in their learning.
- Provide feedback to students in a timely and developmental fashion.
- Meet individual needs through effective differentiation.
- Use technology effectively to support teaching and learning.
- Use resources effectively to support student learning.
Appreciate the diversity of TBS cultures and be sensitive to the needs and perceptions of the international community.
- Reflect on teaching and learning to improve practice.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Know and understand school policies.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to school and student life.
- Contribute to professional learning networks where appropriate.
- Grow and develop professionally within the British School context.
- Show professionalism at all times with all stakeholder groups.
- Support Assistant Teachers and assume responsibility for their performance development.
- Put the needs of students first.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Understand and work to implement the school’s mission and values.
- Maintain high ethical standards and display integrity at all times.
- This Job Description does not define all duties and responsibilities of the position and the school may assign other tasks from time to time to help operationalize the role.
- The school may review and modify or amend the Job Description as needed after discussion with position holder.
- Will follow Teaching Staff Competencies
Personal Attributes :
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Behavior management skills.
- Passion for teaching.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities.
- Qualified teacher with the ability to engage students across ability ranges.
- Minimum of 3‐5 years of teaching experience.
The school may review and modify or amend the Job Description as needed after discussion with the position holder.
- The British School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo comprehensive child protection screening including but not limited to checks with past employers.
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.