Legal Counsel – Maternity Cover
The ENTERTAINER is a leading digital company whose main goal is to add value to consumers by bringing them the best incentive offers globally. We are a data-driven, 100% digital, a tech company. Providing first-rate offers across renowned dining, leisure, entertainment, and hotel brands worldwide, the ENTERTAINER has grown with the aim of creating unbeatable value and loyalty everywhere we go.
We believe that “experience is everything”, resulting in our passion for creating unforgettable experiences for our customers, partners, and employees.
The ENTERTAINER is looking for a qualified Legal Counsel to cover maternity leave for one of our lawyers for a fixed contract period of 6 months with a possible extension. This exciting role works in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing, HR, Travel, Finance, and Corporate Governance teams assisting the General Counsel in managing all legal aspects of our international business.
The ENTERTAINER Legal team serves as a strategic partner to the ENTERTAINER Group of companies, all business units and stakeholders inclusive of the ENTERTAINER Group’s Board and shareholders providing timely, efficient professional, and expert legal and strategic advice, services, and guidance whilst always maintaining the highest standard of professional ethics and integrity.
The ENTERTAINER Legal Team’s objectives are:
- To advise and support the ENTERTAINER Group and its various stakeholders always ensuring excellence in fulfilling the ENTERTAINER Group’s legal, compliance, corporate governance, and ethical obligations;
- To proactively identify and communicate exposure and risk in a timely manner to the business working closely with the relevant key stakeholders to facilitate effective business decisions, maximize opportunities and minimize/mitigate risk
- To serve as a resource for informed decision-making and creative problem-solving assisting the ENTERTAINER Group’s attainment of its mission and business objectives;
- To manage all aspects of legal transactions always striving to protect the ENTERTAINER Group and its interests;
- To ensure accurate record keeping of all legal/corporate/company documentation/records;
- To represent the ENTERTAINER Group in judicial and governmental proceedings by advocating and defending its interests and facilitating communications in the context of legal matters;
- To interpret and apply applicable laws, develop, manage and maintain policies, procedures and internal controls and conduct training to educate and assist in the implementation of best practices.
The Legal Counsel – TEB will..
- Attend to the preparation, review, and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements for a number of departments within the business
- Give accurate, commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice as well as risk management guidance on a variety of matters to all relevant stakeholders
- Support the business by identifying, excluding, mitigating and managing contractual, legal, and other commercial risks
- Pro-actively coordinate and communicate regularly with the commercial teams (based in Dubai and in offices overseas) to ensure that the interests of the company are adequately protected
- Assist the business to remain compliant with legal and regulatory risk management requirements
You’ll enjoy and succeed in this job if….
- You are detailed and quality-focused and able to deliver clear and concise written and verbal advice in a high-performing and fast-moving business environment
- You are confident in communicating with all levels of business stakeholders with strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
- You are able to work autonomously and as part of a team, managing time and priorities effectively
- You have a solution/can-do approach to your work and are able to cope with demanding deadlines
- You have the ability to deal with a large volume of matters/issues and prioritize these tasks effectively to deliver to the timeframes required
- You have excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- You have a high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- You enjoy working in a collaborative team environment that will both support and challenge you
- Must have at least 5 years of corporate commercial and/or in-house experience
- Proven ability in drafting and supporting the negotiation of legal documents
- Confident in communicating with all levels of business stakeholders with strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Excellent written, drafting and oral communication skills with fluency in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver clear and concise written and verbal advice in a high-performing and fast-moving business environment
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment that will both support and challenge you
- Solutions/can do approach to your work
- The ability to deal with a large volume of complex issues & prioritize these tasks effectively to deliver to the timeframes required
- Experience working in a technology company would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.