The First Group
Jump to: Hide
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, The First Group is a dynamic, integrated global property developer with a fast-growing portfolio of upscale hotels, residential properties, F&B brands, and real estate asset management services. we have carved a highly successful niche offering unrivaled property investment opportunities in high-growth markets to clients from more than 70 countries worldwide. We were among the first developers to identify the tremendous potential in providing private investors the opportunity to purchase hotel guestrooms, suites, and serviced apartments in our collection of upscale properties located in highly popular locations across Dubai. We back up our success with a list of International Property awards along with strategic partnerships with companies such as Wyndham Hotel group, Millennium Hotels, Emirates Airlines, and Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts.
To successful candidates, we offer a diverse progressive corporate working environment with clear growth potential along with award-winning sales & marketing tools, a state-of-the-art showroom featuring Dubai’s only virtual helicopter tour, and endorsements from a number of international sporting celebrities.
This role includes the necessity for a vast range of experience relating to the General Ledger function to ensure the candidate can lead to the overall improvement, efficiency, and achievement of the team.
- Overseeing the functions taken up in the division in relation to the main business.
- Preparing bank reconciliation in a timely fashion
- Reviewing Bank and petty cash transactions posting.
- Reviewing fixed assets depreciation and disposals.
- Preparing fixed assets schedule on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of G/L accounts to identify inconsistencies
- Collaborating with key divisions, other accountants, and the Head of Departments to guarantee control.
- Utilizing the full potential of the new AX Dynamics ERP system & CRM to assist with system-related controls, processes, and reporting.
- Preparing VAT returns and posting VAT entries.
- Ad Hoc projects
- Reconciliation of bank loans and calculation of bank loan accruals.
Desired Skill & Expertise:
- Seeking a Charted Accounting qualification
- Understand key accounting principles to recognize the main accounting elements accurately & effectively.
- Quality experience in processing as well as a vital leadership role within the department.
- Ensure consistent improvement and growth, as well as ensure divergent thinking leading to novel ideas and solutions.
- Meeting all deadlines, being flexible to complete all necessary & ad hoc tasks
- Establishing a collaborative environment with constant supervision of staff while providing training where necessary to ensure constant development and learning.