Registered Nurse, Operating Room
About The Ottawa Hospital
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
Days and nights, including weekends, 8 hour shifts. Stand by – 30 minutes return time to the O.R.
- For information purposes only – The Hospital reserves the right to change.
- Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Post graduate operating room course completed within the last six (6) months with three months working in an acute care setting OR currently working within an acute care operating room environment with three months of experience working in an operating room;
- Current BCLS;
- Demonstrated ability with and knowledge of AIDET and other clinical tactics;
- Demonstrates knowledge of Operating Room Nursing principles and practices, and knowledge of Operating Room surgical procedures and equipment;
- Ability to function effectively as a team member in a work environment requiring precision, accuracy, quick response and collaborative approaches;
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a physically demanding workplace;
- Demonstrates the ability to acquire additional skills to function effectively in an Operating Room nursing role;
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Identifies a commitment to personal continuing education activities;
- Skilled user in a computer technology environment;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- CPN (C) designation;
- Continuing Education programs/courses in Operating Room Nursing.
What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
Interested? Apply today!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.