The Royal Conservatory
Co-op Student, Human Resources
Full Job Description
Job Description:The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
What is the Opportunity?
The Co-op Student, Human Resources will support the Human Resources department with general administrative tasks and processes, with a primary focus on digitizing employee records/files. This entry-level opportunity is ideal for a student/recent graduate looking to gain experience in various areas of HR.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the transition from physical employee files and records to electronic files stored within the Human Resources drive.
- Perform general maintenance and clean-up of existing electronic employee files.
- Support the Human Resources Coordinator with month-start activities (organizational charts, ad hoc benefit reporting, overdue training reports, etc.)
- Support the recruiting process by scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, issuing letters to candidates, and posting job openings as requested.
- Audit existing job descriptions against organizational charts and support the process of converting job profile information in the applicant tracking system to proper descriptions.
- Process business card orders as required.
- Performing other duties as required.
What We’re Looking For
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program in Human Resources Management or equivalent, which requires a co-op placement.
- CHRP in progress is considered an asset.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Sound judgment with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- A team player who is also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Regular office environment while working onsite, supporting standard hours.
- Role is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a current résumé online at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been identified.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
The RCM would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for next steps will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.