The Sarah Family
Personal Care Assistant
Full Job Description
Hi there! I am a 29 year old active and vibrant woman who requires a wheelchair and I am looking to add an awesome female to my small team of personal care assistants! No prior experience is required, just a kind and positive attitude. Training provided.
This is a part-time position with short shifts that is great for students or to fit in between other obligations. Although I require a wheelchair, I am very independent and therefore require mainly help for transfers (lifting me to and from my wheelchair to toilet/bed/shower) with minimal assistance when I shower. You will also be responsible for general household tasks such as washing dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming, and basic meal prep.
Compensation: $22/hour + $4 for travel per shift
Hours: 5-10 total hours per week; typical shifts are afternoons ~12pm-1pm, evenings ~8:30pm-10:30pm
Location: Vaughan Mills Mall/Canada’s Wonderland vicinity
* Female who is reliable, honest, trustworthy, self-motivated
* Physically fit – able to physically lift and transfer a 100lb woman
* Has a driver’s license and vehicle
* Resides within 15 minutes or less from Vaughan Mills Mall/Canada’s Wonderland
* Provide a vulnerable sector check or willing to
* Having a flexible schedule is an asset
* Must be comfortable around a small sweet cat
This is not a “cash” job (deductions: income tax, EI, CPP; & you will receive 4% vacation pay). You are paid bi-weekly via cheque. Paystubs & T4’s provided.
Vaccination is not required.
If you are interested in the position, send me a short paragraph about yourself, your availability and why you feel you may be a good fit :)
Thanks for reading!
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to lift a 100lb woman?
- How long would it take you to drive to Canada’s Wonderland from your home?
- Are you a female?
- English (required)
- driver’s licence and vehicle (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.