The Toro Company
Tool Designer Intern
Full Job Description
Who Are We?
The Toro Company has delivered market-leading, innovative products, and outstanding customer care for more than 100 years. With over 11,000 employees worldwide, TTC is headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota, USA. Our company designs and manufactures turf maintenance equipment; turf irrigation systems; landscape and lighting products; snow and ice management solutions; agricultural irrigation systems; rental, specialty, and underground construction equipment; and residential turf and snow equipment. We market and sell TTC products worldwide through a network of distributors, dealers, mass retailers, hardware retailers, equipment rental centers and home centers—as well as online direct-to end users.
At Ditch Witch (TTC company) we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place to live. Installing, operating, and rehabilitating the world’s infrastructure is what we are all about. The Ditch Witch engineering team is currently looking for Mechanical Design Engineer Interns. This team is responsible for designing underground construction equipment so that future installations can be done efficiently and safely.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- This 12 – week internship opportunity will bring a host of challenging and fulfilling projects and experience in the world of manufacturing.
- Coming out of this internship, an individual will have a better understanding of “design for manufacturability & assembly (DFMA)”, theory of constraints, drafting, and automation.
- Learn drafting techniques and standards to relay design information to the shop floor
- Design a robotic weld fixture to both holds and assemble parts for robotic welding
- Learn the principles of tooling design
- Participate in “round table reviews” with cross-functional team members to discuss the manufacturability of parts.
- Design assembly aids to help in the assembly of Ditch Witch products
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- Completion of Sophomore year (at least 60 credit hours completed)
- Enrollment in an applicable ABET-accredited engineering program (industrial, mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing engineering, etc.)
What Can We Give You?
- At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our interns know just how valued they are.
In addition to competitive pay- The Toro Company offers interns a variety of perks, including:
- Dress for your day – We know you’re more productive when you’re comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
- Volunteerism – The Toro Company is proud to provide interns with 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.