Human Resources Intern
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with its favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just a ticketing and technology platform, we’re the dedicated team members who build lasting relationships with our millions of fans one amazing experience at a time. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, we want to hear from you.
During the Winter Cohort, the Human Resources Intern will be responsible for conducting research on current Health & Safety legislation across Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and British Columbia and present a Gap analysis to the Canadian Leadership team.
Throughout the term, the HR Intern will be provided a true generalist experience across the entire lifecycle of the employee. We’ll ensure the intern shadows each member of the Canadian HR team to understand the nuance between each role and gain a taste of multiple HR functions from recruitment, payroll and benefits administration, total rewards, employee communications, health, and safety as well as other compliance-driven functions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Recruitment – Job shadow the Recruitment Partners to understand the different tactics used to recruit Tech vs non-tech employees and full-time vs casual, hourly employees. Provide assistance to the Recruitment Partners with scheduling interviews, conducting initial phone screens, drafting offer letters, etc.
- Payroll & Benefits Admin – Assist the Manager, HR with biweekly payroll input, ensuring our HRIS (Workday) transactions are accurately captured ahead of integration deadlines.
- Reporting & Analytics – Assist the HR team with auditing ad hoc reports and flagging incomplete or inaccurate data that has been recorded in Workday.
- Employee Communications – Drafting internal employee communications
- Diversity & Inclusion – The HR Intern will support the Director, HR NA’s role as the D&I Committee Chair:
- Solicit agenda items from committee members in advance of each meeting;
- Update Committee meeting presentation materials;
- Share ideas with Director, HR NA, and team on outbound employee comms content
- Total Rewards – Support the NA HR Generalists in the Global Sales Job Levelling project and assist Director, HR NA in pulling compensation recommendations (based on internal equity) together for the bi-annual talent review process.
- Health & Safety – A substantive portion of the Intern’s time will be spent researching H&S legislation across Canada and putting together a recommendation on best practices for each of Ticketmaster’s Canadian offices. The cumulative term project deliverable will include a Gap analysis outlining each office’s current state and recommendations on the future state. This presentation will be made to the Canadian Leadership team at the end of the Internship term and include a budget proposal for training; PPE; and other required items. See attached for Fall HR Internship Project Parameters.
- Policy, Process & Compliance – Partner with the Director, HR NA, and Manager, HR to develop a project roadmap to address upcoming changes in legislation that require Ticketmaster’s compliance. The Intern will also support the Canadian HR team as Canadian HR processes begin to transition into the global shared service model. As required, the Intern may be asked for assistance by the Director, HR NA in the development of new policies – this may include research on legislation/industry best practices and developing an initial draft of the policy and any required supporting documentation (i.e. FAQ; Manager Quick Reference Guide).
What You Need To Know (Technical Skills)
- The student must be enrolled in a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution. Where the student seeks credit for the Internship, their post-secondary program must include a co-op or internship term;
- Minimum 1-2 years (part-time) experience working in a customer-facing and/or service role;
- Must be able to work independently with efficiency in an extremely fast-paced, results-driven environment;
- Able to maintain a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent command of the MS Office suite, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint i.e. can perform the following tasks without much instruction: mail merges; organizing and interpreting data (VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables; conditional formatting),;
- In an effort to provide an immersive experience over the 15-week term, we are requiring that the role be hybrid;
- Travel may be required; and
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position, subject to legally entitled accommodations.
You (behavioral Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism, French, and English, considered an asset);
- Passionate for creating an inclusive and safe working environment for employees;
- Capable of working both independently and in team environments, across various levels of the organization;
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment and are often described as a self-starter who might not know all the answers, but is resourceful enough to figure out where to seek them out;
- You take pride in your work product, always ensuring to complete a thorough review before submitting, demonstrating a high level of accuracy;
- A passion for live events and a desire to learn about the entertainment industry!
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our Work Is Guided By Our Values
- Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
- Teamwork – We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
- Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business, we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s a talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or caring responsibilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.