Full Job Description
PAY RATE: $15.50 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: up to 40 hours per week
Looking for a career with a dynamic organization that is committed to protecting wildlife? We are interested in dedicated individuals who are positive, enthusiastic and passionate about wildlife conservation and protecting our planet. Our Toronto Zoo is a mission-based, not-for-profit organization whose mission is connecting people, animals and conservation science to fight extinction.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
- Prepares, plants and maintains annual and perennial garden beds
- Maintains turf areas as per instructions.
- Operates a variety of horticulture equipment.
- Operates trucks and assorted motorized vehicles.
- Cleans and maintains tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Gives directions to guests, answering their questions and providing other assistance as required.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to horticulture and/or previous horticulture experience.
- Full G Class Driver’s Licence is an asset, but not required
- Ability to communicate with visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to handle the physical and climatic demands of the position (able to lift and carry 23 to 44 lbs.).
- Must be able to and willing to work shifts starting as early as 6 a.m., weekends and holidays.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a driver’s abstract, at their own expense as a condition of employment. Candidates may be required to take a written and/or practical examination relevant to the position.
Number of positions available is subject to budgetary approval. Applications for this position must be submitted online through the Toronto Zoo Career Center.
The Toronto Zoo provides accommodation for employees with disabilities, as defined under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If contacted for an interview, and you require specific accommodation for the interview process because of a disability or a medical need, then please advise the person contacting you of your requirements, so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin the interview process.
The Toronto Zoo respects the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and seeks to model these principles in all that we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workforce where all employees feel respected, supported and valued. We strive to create an environment that represents the rich diversity of our guests and our community and encourage applications from all qualified individuals who can contribute to enhancing our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. The Toronto Zoo supports equity in employment and encourage applications from those who belong to the Government of Canada’s employment equity designated groups: women, Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Métis), persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/members of racialized communities. Applicants from other traditionally marginalized communities (i.e. 2SLGBTQ+) are also encouraged to apply. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities to fully participate in the recruitment process.
Weekday: 6:00- 2:30pm
Weekday Late: To closing time
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.