Full Job Description
Torra Staffing & Recruitment specialise in workforce management and recruitment for the construction, maintenance & manufacturing sectors. Whether you work for us or are a candidate searching for work, you will always be made to feel as part of the Torra Team.
At Torra Staffing & Recruitment, we believe in the power of an individual. Everything we do is shaped around our candidates and workers, how we can best represent and support you. The Torra promise is to get to know you, to find out what is important to you so that we can learn how to make your next employment opportunity the experience you deserve. Time to apply, You can with Torra.
Torra Staffing & Recruitment has current opportunities for Strip Out Labourers. See a snapshot of the role below:
- Rutherford location
- Fantastic Team Culture
- OT Available – No Rain days
- Early finish on Fridays
Our client NET Modular was established locally over 30 years ago and is at the cutting edge of innovation for the manufacture of transportable modular buildings for the education sector.
NET’s strong pipeline of upcoming work means we are recruiting quality Strip Out Labourers.
Reporting to the Leading Hand, you will work cooperatively with your colleagues towards meeting and exceeding production and safety targets. This role involves the use of hand tools to deconstruct modular buildings that have been decommissioned and are to be refurbished.
Key elements of this role are:
- Full time hours with potential of overtime
- Great work ethic and positive attitude essential
- Enjoy hands-on work and focus on safe manual handling techniques
- Use of hand tools to take components such as wall panels, windows, and flooring out – stripping the buildings back to a bare frame
- Assess equipment and tools for appropriate and safe usage, and comply with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- General housekeeping – ensuring workstations remain clean and tidy at all times
- Attention to WHS standards and a focus on safety procedures, and the ability to identify and minimize risk when dealing with potential hazards
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- All applicants will be considered – on the job training available for those with excellent attitude
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- White Card – OHS General Construction Induction;
- Experience in demolition or general labouring;
- Asbestos removal ticket desirable
- Experience using hand and power tools;
- Versatile and excited for every new project;
- High regard for safety and commitment to ‘Teaming up for Zero’.
What’s on offer?
- Monday to Friday day shift, early finish on Fridays;
- Potential for overtime;
- No rain days;
- Long assignments;
- Fantastic culture and team environment.
All applicants will be considered – on the job training available for those with excellent attitude!
If you are interested in this role and fit the requirements, please submit your resume through the `apply now’ button or contact Karla or Kari on 02 4039 8102 to discuss further.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.