Toyota Canada Inc.
Warehouse Team Memebr
Full Job Description
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota Canada’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Halifax. Toyota parts and accessories are distributed through TCI’s Parts Distribution Centres in Bowmanville and Vancouver. TCI supports over 287 Toyota and Lexus dealers in Canada with services that include training, sales, marketing, environmental, and customer satisfaction initiatives.
What Sets Us Apart?
A focus on People, Passion for Toyota, Innovation and Make Things Better have made us an award-winning company, recognized worldwide for our technological leadership and superior standards of quality, community involvement, and environmental responsibility.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) currently has an exciting opportunity for an individual who is team-oriented to support our Eastern Canada Parts Distribution Centre. This is a full-time opportunity and will reside in our Bowmanville plant reporting to one of our Operations Leaders. This role is a vital contributor of frontline quality service to TCI dealers & customers through safety, quality, and efficient-minded focus while receiving and shipping parts in TCI’s Parts Distribution Centre (PDC).
What You’ll be Doing:
- Report unsafe conditions or perceived risks
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Checks incoming shipments for part quality and discrepancies during receipt and binning
- Report damaged and incomplete stock and any other stock where the packaging is not in a saleable condition
- Locates new stock and relocates current stock to effectively utilize the available cube space based on volume, type, and movement of stock
- Report instances of mixed or misplaced stock and take corrective action.
- Pick, pack, label, and process outgoing shipments in accordance with procedures and instructions
- Operate material handling equipment when required
- Assist in physical inventory cycle counting
- Assist in maintaining accurate and current computer records by ensuring that all input is processed on a timely basis within established and required standards
- Tracks and reports daily time spent in work activities accurately
- Attend all required training
- Initiates and implements appropriate ‘kaizen’ (continuous improvement) efforts which result in work efficiencies relating to cost reduction or avoidance, improved time and process efficiencies
- Locks in and measures incremental success through the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which build quality into the process (JKK)
- Standardizes and shares successes across the team or organization through ‘Yokoten’ (shares best practices) and continues to improve through further kaizen
- Other duties as requested or required
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma is required along with some post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- A college or University Degree is preferred
- Two years of related work experience is an asset
- A high degree of personal initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- The ability to operate Material Handling Equipment is an asset
- Ability to work various shifts and overtime
- Digital literacy – MS Office Suite, SAP, etc. an asset
- Proven ability to initiate & improve work processes to increase efficiencies
What We’ll Bring:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Health and dental benefits effective immediately
- Company pension plan with matched contribution
- Associate vehicle discount program
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Great company culture-Respect for people and continuous improvement is at our core
- Competitive paid time off benefits
What You Should Know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness Program
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.