Derivatives Analyst – Finance
Full Job Description
The Derivatives Analyst manages the entire lifecycle of Over The Counter and Exchange traded derivatives
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Degree educated or equivalent in numerate discipline.
- Understanding of financial markets and trading businesses, both exchange traded and over the counter markets.
- Experience of Clearing broker operations, settlements, and associated reconciliations
- Working knowledge on Derivatives (Power, Gas, Energy) and/or physical commodities.
- Working knowledge and direct Middle/Back Office experience in full Lifecycle of futures, OTC, and cleared derivative products.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Familiarity with Allegro system is a plus
- Understanding of International Swap & Derivatives Association (ISDA) and CSA’s standards is preferred.
- Fast learner and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment. Flexible attitude and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate cross-functionally and cross culturally.
- Proven ability to partner with global stakeholders
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and BAU with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Meticulous, detail oriented.
- Ensure all trades processed through clearing banks are correct & reconcile to traders records.
- Collateral management and OTC Margin call processing.
- Work with internal departments, external counterparties and exchanges to resolve discrepancies on trades
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting duties in a timely manner.
- Perform Regulatory reporting for Regulations such as EMIR, MAS, Dodd Frank, REMIT
- Maintain all clearing accounts on the internal system daily basis, processing contract expiries and trade transfers between accounts
- Inform the Treasury department of the daily movement of cash received or paid to the clearing houses.
- Perform Derivative settlements and review Confirmations.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to regularly improve internal processes and systems with IT.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal: Traders, Deals Desk, Treasury, Accounting, Credit, IT, Project Team
- External: Clearing Brokers, Exchanges, Executing brokers External: OTC Counterparties
Trafigura also owns and operates a number of industrial assets including a majority share of global multi-metals producer Nyrstar and fuel storage and distribution company Puma Energy; and joint ventures Impala Terminals, a port and logistics provider, and Nala Renewables, a power and renewable energy investment and development platform. With over 1,000 shareholders, Trafigura is owned by its employees and employs over 13,000 people working in 48 countries.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.