Dispatcher Jobs Los Angeles
|Hiring Organization||RODBAT MANAGEMENT INC|
|Post Name||Transit Dispatcher|
|Qualification||A high school diploma, equivalent or ability to demonstrate reading and writing comprehension|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 23 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90012|
The Transit Dispatcher will serve as a customer service and public safety dispatcher assigned to support the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s transit system through various duties including but not limited to the implementation of Transit Ambassador Program objectives, and facilitation of resources and reinforcements to support field personnel.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) plays an essential role in the lives of many Los Angeles residents as Metro riders depend on public transit to get where they need to go. To enhance the overall customer experience for their ridership, Metro has committed to improving safety measures on their bus and rail transit system by establishing a Transit Ambassador Program.
The Program’s objective is to increase a visible, uniform presence on board buses, trains, and at transit stations throughout Los Angeles County. This will be accomplished by deploying “Transit Ambassador” mobile and fixed post teams that are trained to play a rider-facing and welcoming role, promote safety for all riders and operators, and help connect vulnerable riders to resources and/or assistance.
RMI International, Inc. was one of two companies tasked to develop, manage, and operate the Transit Ambassador service for Metro, ensuring that the Transit Ambassador Program delivers quality services and creates accountability.
RMI will employ Transit Ambassadors and related personnel to support the objectives of the Program. Personnel will be deployed to various fixed-post and mobile assignments for their shift, providing an on-site mobile presence on board buses, and trains, at rail stations, bus stops, and elevators. The Ambassadors will be deployed in pairs or small teams to be able to easily identify customer needs and will assist with monitoring, observation, and reporting of public safety conditions.
RMI is a leading-edge organization committed to providing public safety, customer support, and related services to its clients. Certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), RMI is a California-based corporation headquartered in the City of Paramount.
The Founder’s vision was to develop a professional organization that would provide clients with consistent quality in an array of services while providing employees with care, respect, and opportunity for personal development in their professional careers. Our continual growth over the past 26 years has proven that our philosophy of espousing quality in each aspect of our service works.
In and around Los Angeles County, California.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Making necessary notifications to various internal and external departments and agencies
- Requesting additional outside resources as directed by the shift supervisor
- Monitoring plant CCTVs and reporting any discrepancies or suspicious activity that may be observed
- Monitoring the plant’s automated access control system for discrepancies
- Monitoring the plant intrusion and fire alarms systems
- Performing additional clerical responsibilities as assigned at each plant-specific location
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Customer service experience (required)
- Previous dispatch job experience (required)
- Bilingual or multilingual, preferred
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check (up to 7 years)
- Ability to respond calmly and quickly in stressful situations
- Competent understanding of computers, tablets, and smart devices
- Ability to react accordingly under pressure
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- A high school diploma, equivalent or ability to demonstrate reading and writing comprehension
- Previous experience in providing trauma-informed care and/or lived experience in homelessness outreach and engagement, addiction, or at-risk categories.
- Previous experience in basic public safety, personal safety, and conflict resolution
- Familiarity with cultural and situational awareness, such as cultural sensitivity & unconscious bias
- Knowledge of disability and mental health awareness
- Ability to operate the use of radios and communication protocols
- Knowledge of bystander intervention and human trafficking – what signs to look for and how to respond
- Ability to demonstrate the following characteristics of customer service strengths: Empathy, Problem Solving Skills, Outstanding Communication Skills verbally and in writing, Patience,
- Active Listening, Positive Attitude, Quick Response Time
The Transit Dispatcher will report directly to the on-duty Lead Field Supervisor and will serve as the company’s third point of contact.
$23.35 per hour
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Up to 12 days of Paid Time Off per year
- Up to 10 uncompensated days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
HOURS OF OPERATION
Transit Dispatchers will be a uniformed public safety and customer information unit tasked with monitoring a dispatch center within the transit system from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekends.
The transit program must be operational during designated operating hours, special events, and on recognized holidays. Hours of Program operation will be consistent for service provided on board buses, trains, and at transit station facilities, including elevators.
Aside from RMI-provided orientation and initial training, Transit Dispatchers shall participate in a minimum of forty (40) hours and up to eighty (80) hours of Metro-administered training. The curriculum will include customer service, situational awareness regarding safety, outreach, and other skills needed to address the dynamic needs within the public transit system.
The most important topics as designated by Metro will be covered in the onboarding training. Staff may be required to participate in additional Metro training courses throughout the term of the Program at the request of Metro, such as refresher courses and/or additional topic areas.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RMI International, Inc. complies with all legal requirements, including the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Opportunity Employment, and Americans with Disabilities Act. RMI strives to ensure that our company personnel will reflect the diversity of LA Metro riders in terms of race, gender, disability, language, those facing barriers to employment, and other characteristics. RMI International regularly provides professional development opportunities to its personnel to ensure retention.