District Service Representative (WFH)
The District Service Representative is responsible for ensuring that all distribution products in their assigned geographic area are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner, and that delivery contractors are trained and provided with the necessary tools to complete their job efficiently.
This position is for a 1-year contract.
- Ensure that all newspapers, inserts, and other distribution products are delivered in a timely manner. This includes working closely with the carrier force and when necessary could include door to door delivery
- Recruit new carriers to ensure that all routes are covered and terminate contracts where appropriate. Maintain sufficient carrier waiting lists or establish new ones
- Maintain all records concerning carriers and routes including financial records and complaints
- Address customer concerns in a professional and timely manner while ensuring the concerns are resolved and the carriers are aware of the concerns
- Design and manage carrier promotions to motivate the carrier force
- Drop off supplies to carriers including elastics and carrier bags as required
- Assist the Manager with special projects including official circulation audits
- Assist carriers in filling out accident reports and making insurance claims
- Maintain accurate and current data to provide to carrier payroll
- When required make appropriate arrangements to ensure down routes receive delivery
- Design carrier routes and develop mapping of new areas
- Maintain accurate and current distribution records and total market coverage files
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent
- Superior customer service
- Ability to develop effective relationships within the team
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and good sense of prioritizing of varied tasks
- Highly flexible and adaptable; able to react quickly and effectively to urgent requests and changing priorities
- Sound computer skills and fluent of Microsoft applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Responsible, self-motivated and able to function with minimal supervision
- Physical activity – walking, lifting up to 45 Ibs
- Reliable vehicle and valid drivers license required
This position is fully remote, with the exception of going into your assigned geographic area of Mississauga.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario’s largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada’s heartland.
Metroland’s diverse array of online products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We are continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support, and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.