Head of People Operations – US&C
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our People Operations team manages People processes; including onboarding, offboarding, transfers, data management, records management and the Employee Help Center.
About the Role
As the Head of People Operations in US&C, you will lead the regional team and will report to the Director of People Operations. This role will be responsible for driving scalable operations that is focussed on employee experience. The Lead will be required to navigate through complexity and partner with the cross-functional people teams to help drive actions, accountability, and ownership.
What You’ll Do
- Build and execute against an inspiring vision that is well aligned with Uber’s overall strategy, for an effective employee experience across all foundational People Team services in US&C
- Lead, coach, and partner with your team to achieve this vision, while continuously contributing to Uber and each team member’s career journey
- Ensure workflows are anchored on human-centered design principles and industry standards, ensuring the most effective, consistent, and constantly improving experience for our employees, regardless of the support channel (self-serve, offshore support and live support)
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, Legal, Payroll, and other cross-functional teams to ensure a comprehensive, business-centric, and legally compliant approach to People processes and operations
- Provide People Operations support on projects such as acquisitions or internalization of employees; be the voice of People Ops processes by advising how to navigate the associated systems and procedures
- Serve on the global People Operations leadership team to drive a seamless and scalable employee experience globally, across the various channels of support
- Play a meaningful role in crafting the strategy for the global employee experience with all foundational HR services, by effectively empathizing with, prioritizing, and representing the nuances of US&C
- Support the People BizOps leadership in building and maintaining a backlog of priorities, to help operationalize the distributed team vision using a disciplined and focused approach. This will require a strategic balance of considerations like user impact, cross-functional readiness or dependencies, resource optimization, financial impact, etc
- 8 years of experience with HR Operations, HR Business Partnership, Operations Management Consulting, or Business Operations
- Progressive leadership experience (ideally 10+ years) in one or more areas related to large-scale HR Operations, HR Business Partnership, Operations Management Consulting, Business Operations, and related areas
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning, and execution skills, with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Proven expertise in systems thinking and design thinking
- Grit and resilience; eagerness to be a part of an exciting growth journey and comfort with all the challenges and ambiguity that accompanies it
- Integrity, a positive attitude, and a growth mindset!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.