HC Truck Driver
About the Company
Everything Fleet (a new division of Jonday Holdings) is an Australian owned and operated company that have been supplying vehicles to some of the biggest companies within the gas/oil, mining, construction, film and sporting industries for over 30 years.
Our services include subscription, leasing and rental hire and covers everything in-between from smash repairs to mechanical services.
With a focus on supplying customised vehicle solutions to our clients, we stand by our heritage of delivering innovation with the highest quality service standards. We value people who are eager to learn, are enthusiastic, and who want to have a little fun along the way!
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, we are looking for a HC Truck Driver (Car/Vehicle Carrier) who will be responsible for the safe and reliable transportation of company fleet. You will additionally be responsible for ensuring that our range of vehicles are maintained and presented to the highest quality for our customers.
You will be driving either a Mercedes or Hino Prime Mover; whilst driving the Mercedes you will be able to utilise the sleeper cab on overnight trips otherwise alternative accommodation will be arranged. Please note meals and incidentals will be reimbursed in-line with company policy.
Based in Woodridge, this role is a full-time permanent role, working predominantly Tuesday – Saturday, however you will need full flexibility to work across the full working week to meet the needs of the business. Examples of trips will be from Woodridge to Sydney; Woodridge to Melbourne; Woodridge to Gold Coast as well as Regional runs.
Due to the current needs to the business, this role will see you spending 2-3 days per week driving the Vehicle Carrier and the other days will be assisting the Branch/Operations Manager ferry driving trucks and vehicles locally as well as assisting with vehicle detailing.
For the right candidate, it’s an exciting time to join our established close-knit team, with the opportunity for excellent career progression.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary as well as a variety of benefits such as:
- Reward & recognition programme
- Ongoing career development and progression opportunities
- Product discounts
- Paid uniform
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid Birthday Day Off (after 6 months)
- Drive the Company’s car transporters between a variety of locations across SE QLD as well as interstate as required – both Metro cities and Regional runs
- Ensure a pre-inspection check is done on the transporter before each trip, as well as do basic maintenance as required
- Carry out the safe transportation of the fleet as well as the efficient loading and unloading of vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are not damaged during the transportation process
- Monitor the safety and operational capacity of the transporters
- Adhere to the National Heavy Vehicle (Fatigue Management) Regulations (HVNR) at all times
- Maintain a heavy vehicle logbook of hours worked in line with the HVNR
- Transport/Ferry Drive vehicles to customers as required
- Assist with vehicle detailing of the fleet ensuring you meet the high standards of the company
- Liaise with the Branch & Operations Manager to ensure deadlines are met in regard to the logistical movements of the fleet
- Provide a positive customer service experience when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Ensure all WHS requirements are followed to ensure a zero-harm workplace
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role transporting multiple vehicles both short and long distance.
- Current HC Truck License along with an open, drivers’ license with no restrictions and a good driving record is a MUST
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills
- Own reliable transport to get to and from work
- Strong ability to work unsupervised, with a strong work ethic, sense of responsibility & accountability
- Must be physically fit, heavy lifting required
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.