University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Full Job Description
Hours: Permanent, 37.5
We are looking an enthusiastic healthcare assistant to work in the Leicester Royal infirmary Outpatients department.
You will enjoy a challenging varied pace and an exciting working environment caring for a complex workload.
There are 2 Outpatient departments, Balmoral and Jarvis seeing approximately 1500 patients per week, specialising in Plastic Surgery, and General Surgery and Gastroenterology, Rheumatology clinics.
We can offer opportunities to gain knowledge and experience working within a diverse range of specialties and learning specialist skills.
You will be working closely with nursing and medical teams as well as working alongside the wider the multi-disciplinary team, to provide high quality care to patients and carers.
You will need to have healthcare experience, excellent communication skills, positive personality and a mature and professional approach to work. Computer skills are desirable but not essential; we can teach you the computer system you will need to use once in post. You must be able to deal with the public in a sensitive and polite manner and be flexible in their approach to duties of work.
- Supporting OPD clinics,
- Working alongside clinicians and the ODP team members to ensure the smooth running of the ODP clinics.
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children’s Hospital and run one of the country’s leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide ‘Caring at its best’ and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we’re here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that ‘Caring at its best’ is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)
- To Support Clinicians with the running of OPD clinics, to undertake a variety of clinical testing/assessments on patients attending clinic, general cleaning of the clinical area. The opportunity to develop extended clinical skills.
- To collect, collate and fully accurately report patient information,
maintaining accurate complete and up to date nursing records.
- To participate in the collection of MRSA swabs as guided by clinical need.
- To undergo and successfully complete the departmental induction
programme including lifting techniques and participate in the orientation and induction of staff to the department as directed.
- To observe patients’ clinical condition and report any changes to registered nurses.
Please see the attached job description for more information.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.