Trophy Foods Inc.
Heavy General Labourer
|Hiring Organization||Trophy Foods Inc.|
|Post Name||Heavy General Labourer|
|Qualification||High school diploma or post-secondary diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5T 2T1|
About Trophy Foods Inc.
Trophy Foods is Canada’s leading supplier of high-quality edible nuts, dried fruit, and confectionery products. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality products, at the best value, through our direct channel of global grower relationships.
Trophy Foods Inc. is Canadian owned and operated with over 40 years of experience in serving our customers. We produce edible nuts, dried fruits, confectionery, and bulk foods under our Trophy brand. We also work with grocery retailers, mass merchandisers, drug channels, and food service customers across the country to create and produce a wide variety of private-label branded products.
Overview: The Heavy General Labourer performs unskilled laborer jobs in the processing department.
Hours of work:
- Morning Shift – 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Afternoon Shift- 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Machine Operator in setting up machines for processing.
- Ensure product and ingredients are measured and dumped accurately into machines.
- Clean work areas; equipment, floor, steps, tools, etc. at the changeover, at end of the shift, or as required to maintain standards.
- Monitor the process to ensure quality standards.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout procedures, GHS, etc.
- Follow HACCP procedures. Complete all forms and records as set out by HACCP-TROPHY Foods Inc
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area according to the company’s GMPs, Sanitation procedures, and frequency
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or post-secondary diploma or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to use a power jack is an asset.
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously
- E.g. Walking, lifting, climbing stairs/ladders (Blanching and Roasting areas only) and carrying heavy objects that weigh 13-25kg or less (50kg or less with the use of assistive devices), reaching with hands and arms
- The frequent requirements to lift heavy objects, see different colors, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel and push and pull products while hot.
- Occasionally required to push large wheeled bins weighing 1200-1300 kg when filled with product, without the assistance of a Material Handler.
- Almost constant exposure to factors such as extreme temperatures of 30-44⁰C, humidity, airborne particles, noise levels over 85dB, and moisture will cause frequent periods of discomfort.
- There is regular exposure to factors (such as the height of 4-10m in Roasting and Blanching areas) that carry an extreme risk of accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses (talk, listen, look) used in coordination to ensure the product is prepared according to schedule.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to carry out simple step-by-step instructions.
- Work and environment are not repetitious/unchanging.
- There is noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy, or similar demands.
- Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Speak with a supervisor if the work or the environment is causing mental stress.
Trophy Foods has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities
- 8-hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Heavy General Labourer: 1 year (required)
- Heavy lifting: 1 year (required)