Heavy Duty Cleaner
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Eurest Services? Imagine working in a place where talented people come together and share an unrelenting passion. Whether we’re providing solutions for a single site or serving a multi-facility organization, we take pride in every aspect of our work. No job is too big. No detail is too small. We’re more than an industry-leading provider, we’re an industry-leading team. Join us.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 3pm – 11pm
Location: Liberty Village at King St & Dufferin
What’s in it for you?
- Extended health benefits after 6 months of employment
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for heavy cleaning work including the cleaning of all hard floor surfaces, the cleaning of all surfaces that must be reached by ladder or scaffolding and the collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin or compactor.
As a Heavy Duty Cleaner, you will:
- Dry mop, wet mop (wash/scrub) and polish hard surface floors. The washing/scrubbing of floors is done with handheld or walk-behind buffing machines.
- Strip and finish hard surface floors manually or with power equipment when required
- Transport garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor; operate the compactor and be responsible for cleaning the compactor on regular basis
- Transport maintenance machinery, where necessary, between floors and job sites
- Clean glass areas requiring ladders, scaffolding or other extension equipment to reach
- Clean washroom floors including washing, stripping, and finishing
- Clean stairwells and elevator cabs where ladders are required
- Wash walls, ceilings and dust ceiling light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Use pile lifting equipment to restore certain types of carpet
- Shampoo broadloom and uses extracting equipment to clean broadloom
- Comply with H&S regulations and company policies
- Previous cleaning/housekeeping experience is required
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.