Jump to: Hide
CNRL – Labourer – Seasonal
|Post Name||CNRL – Labourer – Seasonal|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 12 To CAD 15 Per Hour|
Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region. From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment. With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
- Competitive market rates
- Night shift premiums
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Progression and development opportunities
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime is available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub
The basic function of the Labourer is to perform unskilled Labour for all phases of operations. This position reports directly to the shift Supervisor.
The Labourer is responsible to ensure that:
- All assigned equipment is operated in a safe and effective manner.
- All assigned equipment is kept clean in accordance with written standards.
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance personnel.
The Labourer shall:
- Fill water tanks as necessary;
- Perform clean-up on-site and at the working location;
- Install signs as per highway standards;
- Be responsible for snow removal;
- Be responsible for ice removal;
- Working in hot and cold climates
- Paint if/when required;
- Store tools properly;
- Set up and operation of de-watering systems;
- Act as a flag person;
- Spot for loader and other equipment;
- Patch holes in walkways;
- Fix pads for cranes;
- Set forms for concrete pour;
- Cut grass;
- Shoveling Snow
- Pressure washer and steam truck operation;
- Perform housekeeping functions;
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and other employees;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- No previous experience is necessary. Preferred experience in the road construction or road maintenance industry.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License is a must
- Ability to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- CSTS or OSSA BSO
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Safety conscious attitude
- Willingness to train on a skid steer, sanding units, articulating trucks, packers, etc.
- Must be willing to work in fluctuating climates (hot, cold, wet) and environmental conditions
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Must be comfortable working on/in close proximity to water
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol test and Fit for Duty test
- Other training that would be beneficial would be the following: