Art center in Banff, Canada
|Hiring Organization||Art center in Banff, Canada|
|Post Name||Room Attendant|
|Qualification||A high standard of customer service with a friendly and courteous attitude to all guests, artists, and staff|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1H5|
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity acknowledges, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney Band – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
As members of a high-performing hospitality team, Room Attendants at Banff Centre help to ensure a clean, restful, and safe environment for the artists, faculty, program participants, conference attendees, and other visitors who stay in guest accommodations during their time at Banff Centre.
Room Attendants are responsible for the efficient and effective cleaning of all rooms located in Banff Centre’s hotels as well as general public areas.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Stripping linens and making up the beds
- Washing the bathroom sink, tub, and walls
- Washing windows, baseboards, and floors
- Replenishing supplies
- Other cleaning tasks assigned by the supervisor on duty
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in housekeeping or a related field
- A high standard of customer service with a friendly and courteous attitude to all guests, artists, and staff
- Able to meet the physical requirements of this position
- For health and safety reasons, one must be able to understand and take directions in English
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- Physical stamina and the ability to move up to 50 lbs and to stand, kneel, stretch, and bend on a repeating basis are required.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500-hour probationary period.
- This position pays $17.82 per hour working up to 40 hours per week on a rotating schedule. The weekly hours will vary based on the departmental workload.
- The benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Professional development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate + first month free for new staff!
- We are accepting applications for the Room Attendant positions until suitable candidates are found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
To apply for this job please visit www.banffcentre.ca.