We are looking to hire a lead carpenter to provide guidance and supervision to the project team involved in commercial concrete forming projects. The lead carpenter’s responsibilities include assigning and explaining tasks to the project team, responding to clients’ requests for emergency repairs, and regularly inspecting work done by the project team to ensure that it conforms to certain specifications. You should also be able to help the production manager solve project-related problems.
To be successful as a lead carpenter, you should provide regular progress updates to the production team.
Lead Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Assigning and explaining tasks to the project team.
- Communicating with clients in order to determine the time frames within which projects should be completed.
- Calculating the amount of labor, time, and materials needed for each project.
- Creating and adjusting project schedules accordingly.
- Ordering all construction materials needed for projects.
- Performing all carpentry duties required, including both rough and finish carpentry.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work done by the project team.
Lead Carpenter Requirements.
- Proven experience in commercial construction.
- Sound knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to safely operate power tools.
- The ability to read blueprints.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.