- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment,and peace and security.
- Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
- GIZ Ghana Country Office is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist to join our team.
- This role includes welcoming visitors, answering, and directing phone calls, keeping detailed and accurate records of incoming requests, distributing incoming and outgoing mails.
- The ideal candidate will deliver a professional and qualified first impression to all clients.
- This person has excellent communication and customer service skills.
- He/she has a well-established understanding of administrative procedures and the ability to multitask.
Scope of the Role
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner.
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner and answer any questions visitors have.
- Serve visitors by directing them appropriately.
- Notify company personnel of visitor’s arrival.
- Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and of calls received.
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mails.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Certificate/diploma in administration or similar qualification Professional experience
- 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Strong phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
To apply for this job please visit gh.linkedin.com.