Katmai Government Services
Role Player (Tagalog/Filipino) CLNC
This position generally plays one of several roles of various indigenous people in a foreign culture. The mission is usually scheduled on a military base in a realistic village erected for the purpose of training U.S. military personnel to relate to the general populace of a foreign culture.
Part-time On-call. Varies with each mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Always adheres to military training standards including but not limited to:
- Staying within assigned training lane
- Remaining “in role” during training mission
- Following required security rules for the assigned military base
- Accurately portraying culture to U.S. military personnel
- Communicates with co-workers, supervisors, military personnel and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Portrays an assigned role. Stays in character, applies independent judgment within the scripted scenario or ad lib if directed. Utilizes creativity to make the situation real in a training environment.
- Must speak the required language and act in a manner consistent with the assigned role.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Dress in costume appropriate to the role.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be able to gain access to US military installations.
- Must be able to pass a commercial/government agency background and reference check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Fluent in the following languages:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in the United States.
- Ability to evaluate and respond realistically to actions of other role players, including U.S. military personnel.
- Ability to provide accurate cultural knowledge of the region being duplicated in the mission.
- Improvise convincing reactions to changing and unscripted U.S. military character and trainee movements within the training environment.
- Ability to work from 1 or more days at a time at secured locations and work up to 12 hours per day.
- Previous experience as a Role Player preferred.
- Experience in improvisational or semi-scripted acting preferred.
- If selected to be a driver, you must have or be able to attain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable on the company’s automobile insurance policy.
- Driving may be required when traveling and/or short occasional amounts of local driving. The expected driving time is up to 25%.
- Travel is required under this contract, up to 25%, to the training site(s)
- Frequent bending, lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, walking and/or standing, climbing stairs, and walking on uneven ground. Occasionally sitting for long periods of time and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Must be able to walk up to 2 miles. Frequent use of hands/fingers, handling objects, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing. Seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. It is Katmai’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
- Our mission is to train US Marines; therefore, we work side by side with them in all climates and conditions. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. Work is primarily performed in a maintenance facility as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Field conditions are austere at times. Environment may be subject to temperatures ranging for 10 (-) degrees F in the winter to 125(+) degrees F in the summer. Training support exposure to high levels of noise due to the use of military weapons and equipment. Employee may be exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory if applicable.
- Video filming and/or still photographs by the military may take place during active training missions or while at rest for purposes of recruitment, training, and education. By accepting this position, you are agreeing to the conditions of your participation, specifically release Katmai and all affiliated companies, agents, and employees from any claims or liabilities of any kind whatsoever, arising from or related to your participation in these activities.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Descendants of Shareholders, and Spouses of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e – 2(i).
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.