Vanco Farms Ltd. specializes in growing specialty potatoes, organic potatoes, premium cut tulips, and tulip bulbs. The farm is family owned and operated, and we proudly grow our products in the signature red soil of Prince Edward Island. We are currently looking for Farm Worker’s here in our Mount Albion plant to work in our processing facility.
The Farm Worker is part of the warehouse facility processing team that is grading, processing and packaging potatoes
- Worker to comply with legislation and regulatory standards when performing on-the-farm activities as directed by management
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Follow processes and procedures with respect to health and safety standards to minimize risk in the workplace
- Comply with protocols for food safety
- Follow procedures for grading potatoes and/or tulips – inspect potatoes and/or tulips as they pass through inspection table, discard of infected or damaged product and foreign material
- Pack potatoes and/or bunch tulips according to customer specifications
- Assist with maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Other farm duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Good manual dexterity, ability to work quickly with your hands
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with efficiency and accuracy
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and working on your feet
- Lifting objects up to 30 lbs in weight
- Ability to work with limited supervision, be a self-starter, proactive and a team player
- No education requirements
- Experience is an asset
Starting wage is $13- $25 per hour depending on the experience. Hours of work are dependent on customer orders,
flexibility to workdays and hours as well as evenings and Saturdays would be required.
To apply for this job please visit vancofarms.com.