Vancouver Coastal Health
Nursing Unit Assistant
Come work as a Nursing Unit Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Unit Assistant join the team at qathet General Hospital in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
- Work in a team based environment and perform clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care.
- Place client/family needs above all other concerns.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as:
- transcribing and processing physicians’ orders
- communicating with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation
- arranging client tests and receiving results
- receiving visitors and answering the telephone, and prioritizing requests
- Assemble and maintain client charts, arrange for client admissions and discharges.
- Perform timekeeping functions and compile statistics.
- Type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical reports and other materials.
- Maintain an inventory of stationery supplies, and ensure filing systems are maintained.
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre – once home to the world’s largest pulp and paper mill – Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you’ve long been waiting for.
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.