Student Research Analyst
Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Student Research Analyst to join Wood Mackenzie’s Power and Renewables team in Mexico City. The Power and Renewables research team provides integrated subscription, research and advisory services to inform and support our client’s commercial and strategic decisions in the complex and rapidly changing electric power industry.
Combining our deep knowledge of solar, wind, storage, and grid technologies, with our global power and fuels modeling and analytical capabilities, Wood Mackenzie can provide data and insight spanning supply chain, technology costs, policy and market issues, fundamentals-based outlooks, price forecasting, asset valuation, and commodity market issues.
The Power and Renewables Student Research Analyst will support the team with research and market analysis covering wind, solar, storage and conventional power technologies in the Latin American region. This includes collecting, processing, and formatting data and contributing to data analysis to generate market insights. Additionally, we expect the Student Research Analyst to assist in building analytical models to support the creation of market forecasts and also actively enhance current research deliverables by updating processes and contributing innovative ideas.
- Track/ collect solar, wind, and storage market data from public sources and properly store them in our databases including but not limited to: Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), tenders general information and results, policy development, equipment orders announcements and asset transactions
- Update project status by tracking renewable energy news in the region including M&A activities when required.
- Provide support in updating the quarterly company financial database.
- Support the Southern Cone and Mexico power teams by contributing with regulatory highlights for both regions’ short-term/ monthly reports
- Support regional LCoE research efforts with necessary market research
- Lead the use of scrapers for the region being the point of contact for the data team
- Support LENS Data Manager activities
- Support the written analysis of insights when needed
- Comfortable working with large datasets in Excel and able to extract findings from such data. Knowledge of Microsoft Power Query and SQL is a plus.
- Good quantitative understanding and ability to transform data results into market context.
- Proactive approach and ability to plan and execute their own work in order to achieve the goals set by their team leader and colleagues.
- Analytical and report-writing skills.
- Able to effectively communicate the key outputs of the research to the team, focusing the information for the target audience.
- Proficiency in English is required in addition to Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
WoodMackenzie is an equal opportunities employer.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to WoodMackenzie, including unsolicited resumes sent to a WoodMackenzie business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to WoodMackenzie employees, will be considered WoodMackenzie property. WoodMackenzie will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of unsolicited resume.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.