Verve Senior Living
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the VP People, works with the Recruitment & HR Team Member to provide support in the area of recruitment. The People Department at Verve provides human resource and employee relations support to over 25+ seniors’ living residences across Canada. As a key member of the People team, this position provides support to the residences & support offices with recruitment for
frontline and management staff.
A post-secondary school education or related community college diploma and/or equivalent experience is required. Past related experience in a recruitment or hiring role, with a proficiency in social media preferred.
Must be able to communicate, both written and orally, in the English language. Self-directed, well-organized individual with demonstrated skills in managing several projects at one time, and with a proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must be detailed orientated with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Generate and maintain a flowing roster of qualified candidates (from frontline and managers) for each Retirement Residence and Support Offices.
- Coordinate recruitment with each Residence/Office by effectively utilizing the applicant tracking system and other resources to post jobs, respond to employment inquires, screen applications, arrange interviews, ensure response to applicants, track statistics and applicable metrics, etc.
- Assist with interviewing and reference checks, where required
- Create and submit job postings to social media and implementing social media campaigns, responding to posts, etc.
- Liaise with Colleges and High Schools to recruit students and promote Retirement Residences, attend necessary job fairs to recruit new staff, etc.
- Maintain constant influx of placement students and be the point of contact for the program coordinators.
- Works independently on assigned projects.
- Responds to general inquiries.
- Organizes and compiles recruitment information and programs in a user-friendly fashion on departmental shared drives, etc.
- Participates in and contributes to the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required annual training/education.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please note: This is a temporary position for 6 months. Students and freshers are welcome to apply
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.