Victoria General Hospital
Health Care Assistant
Full Job Description
Site: Victoria General Hospital
Department / Unit: 4S Rehab Geri
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Salary: $19.696, $20.288, $20.896, $21.522, $22.169, $22.834
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, and/or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Health Care Aide acts a member of health care team, assisting with patient care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The Health Care Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, value, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Demonstrate ability to provide continuous quality patient care.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Accept and work within the framework of the Hospital and Nursing Service’s philosophy, objectives and policies.
- Under the direction of the RN, provide designated/delegated aspects of patient care.
- Maintain and clean equipment and carry out other duties related to maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Participate as a supportive and contributing member of the health care team.
- Respond to “Codes” as required.
- Completed Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Completion of recognized Health Care Assistant course required or currently enrolled in a University Nursing Program and having completed year two (2).
- Friends and Family training is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support is required for positions in Emergency, Intensive Care and Central Relief Team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write, speak and understand English.
- The ability to complete the position on a regular basis.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.