Virginia Beach City Public Schools
Full Job Description
Perform responsible unskilled work in the care and cleaning of school buildings.
- Clean the cafeteria after each lunch bell, clean tables, realign chairs, mop cafeteria.
- Pick-up paper and trash in bathrooms and hallways, clean up spills such as vomit and other mistakes which come from children or other adults.
- Pick-up paper and trash around school and grounds.
- Dump trash in classrooms, clean chalkboards every day, sweep the floors of the classrooms, dust each room high and low, and set classrooms back up for the next day.
- Wash off desks for students and teachers, move classroom desks and tables from one part of the school to another, which sometimes is either up or down stairs.
- Set up for PTA in cafeteria, auditorium, library and set them back up for the next day.
- Set up for special events and meetings.
- Vacuum floors, shampoo carpets, wash walls, fix lockers, clean rooms once after school programs are finished, wash windows, wash off graffiti, wash bathroom stalls.
- Mop bathrooms after cleaning, mop and wax hallway and classrooms floors.
- Secure and lock all classrooms and outside doors at the end of the school day.
- Clean teacher’s lounge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Some knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and school staff; basic ability to read and speak/understand English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
GED or some high school. Some custodial experience preferable. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.