Full Job Description
Under limited supervision, conduct a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties and projects. Assignments and work are generally broad in nature requiring a broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures May provide training, guidance and check the work of less experienced accounting staff. May research and provide guidance on the proper classification of transactions. Improvement of accounting processes in order to increase their effectiveness or reduce costs incurred by partners.Key Responsibilities
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records according to IFRS and Volvo Group Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, and may make studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Accounts Payables (P2P), Accounts Receivables (O2C), Record to Report (R2R), Tax matters, accounting methods and procedures.
- Assist in monthly closing activities.
- Perform weekly payments to Group & Non-Group company suppliers and employees.
- Perform rolling cash forecasts.
- Coordinate and review accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
- Understanding of Interfaces and impact on financial statements.
- Analyze and reconcile various balance sheet and income statement accounts; prepare and post journal entries.
- Responds to the current needs of partners in the area of responsibility and also have the capacity and competence to back up within others area of responsibility.
- Preparation of various management reports.
- Suggest changes to improve performance and quality.
- Adherence to Internal control compliance.
- Take active participation in process improvement initiatives.
- Participation in internal and external audits.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure compliance with Volvo GAAP (Financial Policies and Procedures), local GAAP, and internal control objectives.
- Ensure compliance with FCA reporting quality standards and partners’ requirements.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customer’s uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change, and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, financial reporting, and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
To apply for this job please visit www.volvogroup.com.