Secondary Science Teacher
About the Role
- Promote and model the Code of Conduct and GEMS Core Values
- Undertake other professional duties as reasonably delegated by Line Manager (LM) such as teaching, recruitment, cover, after-school duty, ASP, MOE formalities, covering for LM when absent, inspection preparation, SEF, SDP, etc.
- Promote the school positively with the community and GEMS while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Respect local culture, customs, and laws
- Meet deadlines as requested by LM
- Contribute to the development of teaching and learning, focusing on pedagogy, standards, and progress
- Ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments as appropriate.
- Contribute to the professional development program to ensure high-quality learning and teaching
- Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
- Follow, support, and help to develop all of the School’s aims, vision, improvement plans, policies, and practices.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed.
- A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Science(Bachelor of Science – Chemistry/ Physics/ Biology)
- The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
About the benefits
GEMS will offer a competitive, tax-free remuneration package to a suitably qualified candidate.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.