Amentum is seeking a Documentation Supervisor in support of the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission on Andros Island, Bahamas. Responsible for proper filing of US Department of Homeland Security, and Customs and Border Pro…
Amentum is seeking a Documentation Supervisor in support of the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission on Andros Island, Bahamas. Responsible for proper filing of US Department of Homeland Security, and Customs and Border Protection documentation for cargo shipments to/from AUTEC, Andros, Bahamas. Prepare manifests, bill of ladings, hazard declarations and associated documents. Assist in office and cargo duties. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Supervision and Quality Assurance of all outbound cargo documentation, customs compliance documentation and hazardous cargo declarations
- Prepares air and marine cargo declarations, including all related documents
- Knowledgeable with custom’s clearance documentation and manifesting procedures for all cargo imported and exported to AUTEC
- Use of Global Air Transportation Execution Systems (GATES) software for data entry, QA, and submittals
- Use of Trade Tech software for aircraft manifesting and Automated Manifest System (AMS) linking to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) systems
- Use of Click2Clear software for aircraft manifesting linking to Bahamas Customs systems
- Prepare all customs documents for incoming and out-going HHGs for both Navy and contractor personnel.
- Prepare government shipping documents for cargo shipments
- Requires certification within one year of hire in International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG), International Air Transportation Association (IATA), and Title 49 CFR – Transportation.
- Operate Government cargo vehicles, on and off base
- With proper clearance, courier classified materials
- Courier U.S. Mail to airport
- Assist in warehouse with barge processing, and cargo delivery
- Assist with Aircraft support operations occasionally as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years related experience working in warehouse or shipping & receiving operational environment
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail is mandatory. All documents produced must be error free
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a good work ethic, and people skills to interact with project customers and other personnel
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Office and full Adobe Acrobat, ability to learn proprietary software
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate ever changing aircraft and barge arrivals
- Lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must obtain AMMO-62 certification within one year of hire.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience in computerized manifesting for import/export operations and load planning preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit bs.linkedin.com.