MacDon Industries Ltd
Warehouse Personnel – 5 Month Term
PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the main responsibility will be handling service and aftermarket parts for outbound shipments. The applicant will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of shipments picked for customers, helping put away parts received from suppliers, as well as other duties assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor.
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
- Accurately pick and pack orders in accordance with customer orders and written instructions. Prepare outbound LTL shipments as necessary including waybills, calling carriers and packing standards.
- Count and verify inbound product and place in appropriate location. Ensure product follows accepted saleable standards. Provide communication on discrepancies between suppliers, vendors and other departments.
- Accurately count inventory by location as required
- Follow company policies and procedures including filling out documentation for tasks as required
- Participate in a safe work program
- Restock retail shelves as required
- Perform visual and operation inspections of machinery and report any unsafe machinery to Supervisor
- Load and unload trucks in a safe manner indoors and outdoors using material handling equipment as necessary
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to react to a fast paced changing environment
- Other responsibilities as required, as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience or valid license an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- A team player exhibiting a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Counting accuracy is essential.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in groups or on own.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in constantly changing environment.
- Physically fit and capable of performing all normal warehouse activities.
- Shift work as required in season.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.