Full Job Description
Waste Connections of Canada, the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for a DZ Driver to join our team in Bracebridge, Ontario. We are looking for an SAFETY inclined, energetic, autonomous and proactive team player capable of making a difference in his/her team and community.
The driver proceeds to subsequent customers until the truck has a full load, and then dumps the load at a transfer station before continuing customer pickups.
- Drive through dense residential areas for yard waste, recycling and organic waste pickup.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service (e.g., arrive on schedule, pick-up all bins, clean up waste that falls out of bin when lifting, relock/reclose bins)
- Resolve blocked access, (e.g., honk horn or call dispatcher/customer; take picture of vehicle blocking access, return for later pick-up if scheduled to be in area later).
- Dump contents at designated transfer station or landfill.
- Drive to transfer station to weigh vehicle, obtain a ticket for weight of contents and enter weight into system on truck.
- Unload contents by moving blade forward; manually clean out debris trapped behind blade.
- Review run sheet listing calls and identify any potential issues.
- Schedule time sensitive calls starting with outside bins without by-law restrictions, busy streets, or calls likely to be blocked later.
- Complete pre and post shift checks of truck
- Safety first mentality
- Commercial drivers license DZ is required and must be maintained.
- Proven record of safe driving performance. (Clean Driving record)
- Able to start working between around 6:30 am. DZ and left side driving experience
- Physically fit. Candidates must be able to lift and throw weights between 50-70 pounds constantly during the day, as well as jumping in and out of truck in excess of a 1000 times per day.
- Competitive pay
- Performance bonuses
- Full benefits (medicals, RRSP, etc.)
- Boots and uniforms
- Full time permanent employment
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who require accommodations throughout the recruitment process should contact the Recruiting Department.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.