Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
Patient Care Assistant (FT)
Full Job Description
The Manager of the Float Pool is currently seeking dedicated Patient Care Assistants. The Nursing Float Pool staff will have the opportunity to be trained and scheduled for a variety of clinical settings, including all regional and provincial clinical programs in the facility. Shifts will be assigned to meet the staffing needs of the organization therefore non-traditional scheduling will be required. The purpose of the position is to provide personal care and support to individuals with mental health needs as a member of the inter-professional team, under supervision and in collaboration with registered team members.
- Work under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Practical Nurse
- Instruct, counsel, and assist patients in personal hygiene, life skills and encourage the development of acceptable social behavior, provide direct basic care and assist with activities of daily living
- Assist with patient socialization and recreational activities at Waypoint
- Report to the team leader/charge nurse any observations of physical and behavioral issues related to patients, document in the electronic clinical file; maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Mental Health Act and Waypoint policy, and are subject to the same ethical standards as registered staff.
- Provide a safe, therapeutic environment for patients who are experiencing physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral challenges
- Provide escorts of patients within the facility and where appropriate to outside agencies
- Participating in planned and emergency restraints
- Developmental Support Worker diploma, or Personal Support Worker diploma (inclusive of any College, Private College or Adult Education Facility that includes a minimum of 600 joint classroom and practical experience hours) and/or successful completion of at least one year of a recognized Nursing Program (BScN or Practical Nursing) or diploma/degree in a related healthcare field
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with personal support theory and procedures
- Experience with basic patient care procedures (including mobility, hygiene, and feeding) and the use of assistive devices
- Recent and related experience working in a mental health facility or service is preferred
- Specialized education/training in forensics, dual diagnosis, gerontology, and/or addictions is considered an asset
- Recent experience with Patient Safety and Risk Management policies and standards, including all hospital codes and interventions
- Results-oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes the core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language
- You must meet the requirements of our COVID-19 Immunization Policy by providing proof of full vaccination, or a request and receipt of an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code, including a medical exemption.
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to www.waypointcentre.ca/careers Please note that is posting will remain open until filled. Job ID WC22-386. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and workplace well-being. As such, applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds such as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, members of a visible minority group and those with lived experience of mental health problems or illnesses are welcomed and encouraged. Waypoint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon require for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube