Memorial Hermann Health System
Patient Transporter – Weekends
At Memorial Hermann, we pursue a common goal of delivering high quality, efficient care while creating exceptional experiences for every member of our community. When we say every member of our community, that includes our employees. We know that when our employees feel cared for, heard and valued, they are inspired to create moments that exceed expectations, while prioritizing safety, compassion, personalization and efficiency. If you want to advance your career and contribute to our vision of creating healthier communities, now and for generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team.
Position is responsible for transporting patients and their belongings, hospital equipment, laboratory specimens, expired patient and medical charts to designated areas throughout the hospital campus as needed.
Shift: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Licenses/Certifications: CPR certification or ability to obtain within 90 days
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Interacts with patient family members and staff to ensure patient safety and to expedite the timely arrival and departure of patients.
- Transports discharged and transferred patients along with belongings to designated areas.
- Transports patients in a timely manner to and from clinics and departments for medical tests along with any required patient equipment and medical chart.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to caring for every member of our community by creating compassionate and personalized experiences. Models Memorial Hermann’s service standards by providing safe, caring, personalized and efficient experiences to patients and colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.