Manager – Warehouse
Full job description
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to manage yard / bulk operations at our warehouse. This is a dynamic facility that host complex services in a fast-paced environment. In addition to guiding daily work activities, you will ensure best in class service to our customers and sales team through effective leadership and sales partnership.
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing and developing their team while managing change and driving operational efficiency. The qualified candidate will also be able to establish strong communications with their team and drive operational efficiency through employee engagement and process improvement. Ideally, the Warehouse Manager will strive in a fast paced, hands-on environment while driving organizational goals and will be rewarded with a great work environment and opportunities for growth.
- Lead a team of operations associates to ensure best in class customer service is delivered daily.
- Select, coach, counsel, and develop a team of warehouse associates, including a team lead.
- Align with sales to anticipate operational demands, build trust in operational ability, and provide exceptional service to our customers.
- Serve as a liaison and build meaningful relationships with; Leadership peers, sales teams, customer service, transportation, facilities, finance, audit teams, corporate quality and other Anixter teams.
- Design and implement new procedures, prepares cost projections, lead maintenance activities and analyze site performance.
- Monitors workflow, work completed, error rates and related metrics and adjusts accordingly.
- Direct and oversee programs to ensure safety of all associates, equipment and property. Ensure compliance with all company, customer and government/regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and develop staffing plans to ensure proper staffing levels – manages labor costs, overtime and retention.
- 1 to 3 years required, 5 years preferred of supervision in warehouse environment.
- 1 to 3 years required, 5 years preferred of supervision with inventory control and cycle counting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Extensive experience leading full cycle warehouse activities.
- Hands on engagement. Not afraid to get your hands dirty as you will be on the floor handling material.
- Ability to interface effectively with warehouse team members, other departments, customers, sales teams and vendors.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, set clear expectations, and hold people accountable.
- Experience identifying development opportunities and leading change initiatives.
- Knowledge of inventory management practices, warehouse and distribution best practices, quality management systems and facility maintenance programs.
- Excellent computer skills and warehouse management system experience required.
- Strong communicator, self-directed, motivated and goal oriented.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Wesco to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status.
This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
To apply for this job please visit pl.indeed.com.