Wild Flight Farm
Organic Farm Office Administrator
Full job description
Wild Flight Farm is seeking a long-term, part-time office assistant to help with increased administrative work and support the farm in day-to-day operations.
Wild Flight Farm has been providing fresh organic fruits and vegetables to the communities of Salmon Arm and Revelstoke for 30 years through traditional markets. Since the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve adjusted our method of sales to include an online market and ordering system with pick-ups in these communities. This had created an abundance of administrative work that is well suited to someone skilled with computers and wants to help connect our products with our customers.
Office Responsibilities will include:
Helping to manage our online store including:
- Updating inventories
- Adjusting product pictures and descriptions
- Managing and monitoring order payments
- Providing customer support over phone and email for online orders
Other duties include:
- Edit and print 50-150 order slips per market
- Prepare cash boxes and materials on market days
- Entering hours and new employee info into payroll program
- Send/receive invoices
- Order farm supplies
- Organize weekly delivery to Kelowna
Candidates must be:
- Calm and professional while meeting tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and efficient with time
- Computer savvy with experience in Word and Excel
- Have proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Be able to provide helpful and friendly customer service
- Have a strong interest in organic agriculture and vegetable production
We are seeking candidates who live within a 30 minute commute of the farm location in Mara. That includes the communities of Salmon Arm, Enderby, Grindrod, or Sicamous. Candidates must have their own vehicle to commute.
This position is ideal for someone looking for 15-20 hours per week in the summer season, with the winter season accumulating 10-15 hours weekly. Hours worked will be weekdays Monday-Friday with a flexible hours between home and office available, although applicants must be at the farm for certain days to complete market preparations. There is also an option for the office assistant to help with field and packing jobs around the farm, to make it a full time position with 40-45 hours/week
The starting wage for this position is $20/hour, with a higher starting wage to be considered for applicants with considerable relevant experience. Benefits include free and discounted vegetables and fruit, more flexible hours, and a yearly medical spending allowance.
How to Apply?
Please include a cover letter describing your motivation to apply for this job and the specific skills/experience you have that match the work description. Your application will not be considered if this is not included.
While we thank all those who apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Find Out More:
Newsletters posted to the Wild Flight Farm Facebook pagecontain more photos and descriptions of work on the farm. More farm-life photos on our Instagram page@wildflightfarm
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- drivers license (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mara, BC
To apply for this job please visit emplois.ca.indeed.com.