Health Care Assistant
Willen at Home x 2 positions
37.5 hours per week – includes evening and weekend working
12 month fixed term contract
£18,420 – £21,183 pro rata per annum, plus 10% shift allowance
The Willen at Home service operates between 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for two self-motivated Health Care Assistants to join our Willen at Home team supporting the implementation of the Specialist Community Palliative Care Hub.
Set in the tranquil grounds of Willen Lake, Willen Hospice is the leading provider of specialist palliative care within the Milton Keynes area. We offer 24 hour / seven days a week palliative care to people who have advanced disease, caring for people in our Inpatient Unit which accommodates 15 patients and the local community. Our person centred care is delivered with compassion and respect for people’s wishes. We have an expanding Therapeutic & Wellbeing service offering Psychological Wellbeing, Social Care, Physiotherapy, Occupational and Complementary Therapy.
As part of a multidisciplinary Specialist Palliative Care team, you will participate in the delivery and evaluation of patients care in conjunction with CNS’, WAH Registered Nurses and other community teams.
The ideal applicant should hold a Care Certificate, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an understanding of the palliative needs of our patients and demonstrate a commitment to providing a high standard of care.
As the role will include working within the local community, you should be confident working alone, and must hold a driving license and have access to a car.
In return for your skills you can expect:
- To join a supportive and caring team
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 35 days pro rata (inclusive of statutory and bank holidays)
- Free onsite parking at the Hospice
- Employer-enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme or continued membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and sick pay provision
- Ongoing commitment to education and professional development
- Blue Light Card discounts (with membership)
- Excellent on-site subsidised catering facilities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.