Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Art Director, Golf
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete. We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing products mean we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve.
And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential. Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do
If you love the game of golf and want to channel that love into a career path with our team, this could be the perfect job for you! We are currently seeking an Art Director to provide direction and creative solutions for the Marketing and Sales needs of our golf business unit. This individual will work closely with Marketing in executing a strategic marketing plan and ensuring that all creative work is aligned with the company brand/corporate identity.
The Art Director works closely with the Project Manager and Designers to ensure work is completed on time and within budget. This individual presents and articulates the creative process from inspiration to final design solution by email or face-to-face with internal clients at all levels in the organization.
Specific Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Drives the creative execution of key Golf Business Unit strategic plans related to marketing and communications (i.e. new campaigns, product launches, product sub-brand names & logos, National Sales meetings, events, trade shows, etc.).
- Works with Project Manager to capture, organize and prioritize all projects for tracking and budgeting.
- In addition to directing designers, the Art Director performs daily hands-on design tasks from start to final production such as advertising, brochures, catalogs, logo designs, packaging, point-of-purchase, product cosmetics, product design, digital content (web, tablet/mobile app mobile & social), sales & marketing presentations, video storyboarding and art direction. Handles other specialty projects as assigned.
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing to develop and maintain a Golf Brand Style Guide.
- Helps to develop larger Brand initiatives with VP Creative and Marketing Director as assigned, such as company meetings and overarching brand projects that involve the entire Wilson portfolio of brands.
- Responsible for the collection and transfer of files for all types of projects with foreign and domestic vendors to sample and produce.
- Works with Staff Photographer and copywriter on a variety of projects
- Provides departmental focus related to teaching design and software usage direction. Mentors designers to assist in them learning Wilson approaches to new areas of design.
What We’re Looking For
This role requires an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field plus a minimum of 10 years of previous design and/or art director experience as well as at least 3 years of experience managing a team of direct reports. A solid understanding of or passion for the game of golf is also required!
Other Qualifications Include
- Advanced working knowledge of digital/social, photography, photo shoots, and printing processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and related design software.
- Understanding of strategic business goals and the ability to develop creative solutions that connect with financial and consumer engagement targets.
- Advanced conventional design and illustration abilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and work with cross-functional teams.
- Proven outstanding ability to work under pressure, be flexible with work hours, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
What We’ll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co.’s global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic, and active professional community.
We offer an open, collaborative, high-tech work environment with best-in-class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.