Senior Manager, Program Management
|Hiring Organization||Bell Canada|
|Post Name||Senior Manager, Program Management|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree would be an asset|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 40 To CAD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4T 4A1|
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services build cutting-edge fiber and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security, and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio, and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers at any time, on any device.
Bell’s goal is to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world, enabled by a strategy that builds on our competitive strengths and embraces the new opportunities of the integrated digital future. In a new world of communication possibilities, Bell is committed to bringing the best digital connections and next-generation services to Canadians, with customer experience at the center of everything we do.
As part of that commitment, we want to make sure that every customer has the chance to get the very most from their Bell digital experience. Accessing the products and services we offer online should be easy for everyone. That is why we are committed to making our digital space accessible and inclusive for customers of all abilities
The DCX Team is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Manager, Program Management to join our team. The candidate will become a key member of our Leadership Team, accountable for leading the execution of DCX Initiatives primarily focused on 5G, IoT, and other Wireless initiatives. The current program follows traditional waterfall methodology but we are moving towards a fully agile team within the next two years. The ideal candidate either has experience leading and setting up agile teams or the aptitude and desire to learn and lead the team through change.
The prime responsibility of this position is to lead a cross-functional team of IT professionals including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Systems analysts, and Vendor Partners to deliver IT Projects in the Digital Logged-In Experience. The goal of the team is to work with our business partners to deliver IT Projects on Time, On Budget, and with Quality.
This role also includes managing project schedules, managing partners and vendors, identifying risks, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
- Lead a cross-functional team of IT Professionals that include a mix of internal Direct Reports, Contract Employees, and External Partners
- Grow and develop talent on the team
- Lead scope clarification, conceptual solutions, and project assessments across a large portfolio of projects
- Identify skill sets and staff projects with both internal and external resources
- Ensure projects are dressed for success
- Accountable for On Time, On Budget, and Quality Delivery of IT initiatives
- Incorporation of lessons learned and continuous improvements into the delivery cycle
- Prepare or review stakeholder communications
- Manage vendor and partner relationships
Preferred competencies and skills:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree would be an asset
- 3+ years experience as a senior leader preferably in Information Technology Services
- Strong work ethic with a focus on collaborative problem-solving and solutions delivery.
- Ability to use a diplomatic approach to work with high-level stakeholders and introduction of changes in the business. Proven aptitude to manage vendors and partners to build a win-win ecosystem
- Ability to motivate a team to work towards a common end goal
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals. Ability to communicate highly complex matters and adapt to the target audience and forum.
- Ability to conceptualize and think abstractly, and work and manage in a technically complex environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty, and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and end-to-end business processes
- Knowledge of Accessibility guidelines WCAG 2.1 would be an asset but not mandatory
- Experience and knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework would be an asset but not mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through transformational change
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Fast-paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and/or deployment windows
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bce.ca.