Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities:
- This position will report directly into the Lead Mechanical Engineer but can be assigned to work with other engineers to gain knowledge and exposure
- Gain Knowledge of Codes, Company specifications and Standards in Mechanical Static/piping discipline areas
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet Wood’s, its customers and applicable design, statutory and regulatory specifications on time and within budget within a fast-paced and complex project environment.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as contributing to appropriate studies, analysis and recommend actions, assist with the preparation of detailed design and drawings, specifications, calculations, and reports working with industry experts.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance if required.
- Learn fundamentals of health, safety, and environment principles.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Possess willingness to experiment in areas outside your comfort zone for broader view of given assignment
- Utilize mechanical engineering with ideas for value creation to the Company and stake holders.
- Enjoy working in a fast pace and team environment.
- Be passionate about learning and growth.
- Be driven to discover and innovate new ways to get things done in a better way.
- Be goal-orientated, courageous and ambitious; be committed to improving the practices prevalent at the work environment.
- Be open to inspiring and being inspired by your team and peers.
- Enjoy working in a project-based, collaborative environment.
- Be agile and flexible when dealing with a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Wood’s code of ethics and values.
- Have skills in use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.