Sparked Digital Inc.
|Hiring Organization||Sparked Digital Inc.|
|Post Name||WordPress Developer|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 62000 To CAD 66000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Sparked Digital is seeking an experienced and driven WordPress Developer to create high-quality websites and make updates to existing ones. Working remotely, yet part of a tight-knit team, you’ll collaborate with our development and design team members to bring new WordPress websites to life, and to make improvements and optimizations to existing ones. Your role will be to help deliver and maintain functional and beautiful websites for our valued clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be relied on to:
- Develop websites, as well as new pages/features for existing websites, ensuring they align with development standards, web accessibility standards, and site structure guidelines
- Help define and document project requirements and keep documentation up to date
- Identify and suggest opportunities for improvements of website builds/updates
- Maintain existing WordPress sites by making code updates, troubleshooting issues, and performing regular WordPress core and plugin updates
- Collaborate with staff and contractors to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Attend and participate in internal meetings and, as required, client meetings
- Stay on top of best practices for WordPress web development, as well as internal processes
- Other related tasks, as required
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3+ years of experience as a WordPress developer
- Experience working with server management tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, SSL, and cron jobs
- Experience working in various hosting environments such as WPEngine, Kinsta, Dreamhost, WPCloud
- Strong working knowledge of Elementor and other WordPress page builders
- Familiarity with design UI/UX tools such as Figma and AdobeXD
- Knowledge of best practices for site security
- A good understanding of SEO, usability best practices and UX design
- Working knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG 2.1 would be an asset
- Experience with project documentation and development planning
- Good attention to detail and an eye for design aesthetic
- Proven track record of delivering solutions on time and on budget
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Compensation & Benefits
- $62,000-66,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Comprehensive health benefits and competitive vacation policy
- Remote, with occasional in-person company events
At Sparked Digital, we are digital marketing problem solvers. Clients rely on our expertise, creativity, and curiosity to demystify digital and keep them competitive. Our team has helped over 70 clients across Canada, the Caribbean, and beyond grow their businesses through customized digital solutions and a boutique, friendly experience. With all services under one roof, our mission is to make the complex easy – so clients can be confident knowing digital is working for them.
Our work has been recognized internationally and we are two-time winners of the Web Excellence Awards. We give back to our community by donating services to a variety of non-profit organizations and charities, and we’re proud to be a green hosting provider. Our team is fully remote and located across Toronto and Southern Ontario. To learn more visit www.sparkeddigital.ca or follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram.
- Integrity over everything – Giving our very best advice is at the core of who we are.
- Curiosity fuels growth – We ask questions, we listen actively, and we seek new paths.
- Respect is vital – Mutual respect makes space for great outcomes to emerge.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.