Software Dev Eng
|Post Name||Software Dev Eng|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||30000/- To 35000/- Per Month|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Amazon Web Services (Route 53) is expanding due to explosive growth! This position is offered remotely from anywhere in India. Domestic relocation assistance is available for Indian locations.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services.
On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we’re expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
Amazon Route 53 team works on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. Our team has onsite and offsite engineers who collaborate remotely the majority of the time. We are looking for a software development engineer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
In the Amazon Route 53 team, we like to “work backward”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We are looking for a software development engineer who is experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands by collaborating remotely with teams. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from actual customer use. The sooner we get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Amazon is a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” We offer an inclusive team culture, work/life balance, mentorship, and guidance for your career growth.
Inclusive Team Culture – Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity
(CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance – Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth – Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional
and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working remotely and collaborating effectively
- Willingness to travel to HQ2 or SEA (depending on location) for up to 4 weeks a year for organizational events
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.