Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Full Job Description
Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are currently Recruiting for a Domestic Assistant based at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary working 16 hours per week.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term basis for 6 months as it has been established to provide cover for an employee on maternity leaveand will end when the substantive postholder returns.
We are seeking a motivated individual to undertake a full range of domestic duties.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a busy but supportive team who are flexible in their approach to service delivery.
They should possess the ability to manage their work on a daily basis; both in a team and using their own initiative, able to follow schedules and procedures in line with National Cleaning Standards.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the closing date if a high volume of applications are received.
The successful candidates will be expected to work as part of a busy but supportive team who are flexible in their approach to service delivery.
They should possess the ability to manage their work on a daily basis; both in a team and using their own initiative, also able to follow schedules and procedures in line with National Cleaning Standards.
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that ‘happy staff, makes for happy patients’. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values ‘the WWL Way’.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering high standards of cleaning within both the clinical and non-clinical areas
- To clean specific areas in line with Trust policy and national cleaning standards
- To provide a cleaning service in accordance with approved methods, standards and frequencies
- To provide support to terminal cleans/infection cleans ensuring conversance with infection control & procedures in respect of all cleaning duties
- The removal and cleaning up of uncontained body fluid spillages in line with Trust policy and national cleaning standards
- To use cleaning equipment, machinery and cleaning materials once trained and ability to spot defects with machinery and report to Supervisor.
- Where required undertake Bioquell Q50- HPV decontamination duties and be fully compliant with all the methods and responsibilities of using this system
- To adopt a flexible approach when undertaking domestic duties
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.