Yard Utility Person
|Hiring Organization||Lehigh Hanson|
|Post Name||Yard Utility Person|
|Qualification||A high school diploma or GED required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L9H 0B2|
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles.
We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in being a jack-of-all-trades? The Utility Person position is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. Primary duties include, but are not limited to performing a variety of unskilled tasks or labor operations throughout the facility.
Duties may include cleaning, washing, sweeping, shoveling, loading/unloading, and assisting in maintenance work, operating machinery such as skid steer or backhoe in the performance of clean-up or general maintenance work. May perform other work as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures
- Clearing catwalks and walkways
- Loading and unloading
- Operating skid steer and backhoe
- Assist in maintenance work
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge to operate machinery is a plus
- MSHA training is a plus
- Ability to work in small spaces.
- Ability to work different extended hours, holidays, and/or overtime required
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
To apply for this job please visit careers.lehighhanson.com.