Last updated on 4th Oct 2022
As announced by Indian Railway recently the new Tatkal Ticket Booking Time is 10 am for AC Classes and 11 am for Sleeper classes.
What is Tatkal?
Tatkal, literally means ‘Immediate’. Tatkal booking facility is the savior for millions of travelers. Comfortable last-minute travel is made possible with the Tatkal system.
Tatkal ticket booking time starts a day in advance. For instance, if you want to travel tomorrow, you can book the tickets today. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd constantly updates the system of tatkal booking to ease the process of booking tickets online. Tatkal ticket booking opened at 10 am every day.
Do you know about the new tatkal ticket booking time updated by Indian Railways this year on Oct 2022?
Booking an e-ticket using the tatkal scheme during rush hour is like rushing in an ambulance during peak traffic. Due to heavy traffic and a huge load on servers during the tatkal hours, between 10 am to 12 pm, users find it too hard to book their tickets. In order to eliminate the problems faced by the users, IRCTC modified their tatkal ticket booking time system in 2016.
Earlier in 2012-2013, the tatkal ticket booking time was scheduled at 8 am every day, which was then altered to 10 am. Updating the system of tatkal booking is a continuous process in order to meet the demands of the public.
Tatkal Ticket Booking Time – As announced by Indian Railway The New Time from Oct 2022
|Class||Tatkal Ticket Booking Timing|
|AC Classes – 3AC, 2AC, 1AC||10 am|
|Sleeper Class – SL, SS, CC||11 am|
What is IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Time Today?
New tatkal ticket booking time is now divided into two slots now 10 AM and 11 AM with a new system called IRCTC Lite. This is a promising facility offered by IRCTC to enhance the user experience.
- Slot 1 – 10 AM For AC Classes
In all the trains tatkal reservation for AC Classes will be opened at 10 am sharp, just before 1 day from the train’s origin station.
- Slot 2 – 11 AM For Non-AC Classes (Sleeper/2nd Sleeper)
In all the trains tatkal reservation for Non-AC Classes will be opened at 11 am sharp, just before 1 day from the train’s origin station.
Why tatkal ticket booking time changes has been done by Indian Railway?
Indian Railway has decided to divide the tatkal into two slots in order to reduce the load on the website during the tatkal hour which is 10 AM. However, the IRCTC website portal has improved a lot of loading and response time now by implementing the IRCTC Lite Version concept (explained below) but still, the website gets down at 10 AM sometimes.
After this separation of slot1 and slot2, Railway is making sure that the UP-Time for the website will be 100%.
What About IRCTC Agent’s Timing? IRCTC Agent Tatkal Booking Time
Railway says IRCTC agents will now be stopped from booking the tickets for 30 minutes:
- From the opening of bookings – from 8 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. for general bookings,
- From 10 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. for Tatkal AC classes and
- From 11 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. for Tatkal non-AC classes
Some other changes are also done by Indian Railway:
Railway senior official says that “Currently there is no refund amount if passenger cancels there Confirmed tatkal ticket but now Railway is planning to provide 50% of total fare of Tatkal ticket on cancellation”
What is IRCTC Lite
IRCTC Lite Version is very similar to the existing IRCTC tatkal scheme, except for the fact that all unwanted and irrelevant elements are eliminated during this peak hour of booking. Elimination of additional services cut downs the load and enhances the speed of booking a transaction.
Also Read: What is IRCTC Lite Version ?
For instance, the IRCTC Lite facility doesn’t allow any ads, images, features, etc which are irrelevant to tatkal booking.
The ‘Plan My Travel’ section is automated with a list of stations. In addition, in the ‘My Transactions’ section, services like cancellation history, refund status, etc are not available under the new scheme only during peak hours.
The new IRCTC service received a promising welcome! Soon after the launch of this facility IRCTC Lite, the average bookings has been increased, claims the GM, IRCTC.
The positive element of IRCTC Lite is the timing! The no-frill Lite system with a bonus of half an hour makes the tatkal booking a hassle-free process.
What are the problems all Indian face during the tatkal ticket booking time?
1. Login Problem: This had been the biggest problem in Indian Railway’s website we have been facing. In order to book a tatkal ticket, we will have to log in 3-5 minutes before in the IRCTC portal but at this time the traffic is huge so 90% of people are unable to log in.
By the way, Indian Railways has overcome this problem by bringing IRCTC Lite Concept on the same website www.irctc.co.in After this change, one can easily login into the portal at any time without any hassle.
2. Session Expire: As you need to log in 3 to 5 minutes before in the Portal, sometimes it happens session gets expired. This is because the IRCTC website has a Session Expiration feature based on Minutes (5 minutes) now to the Agents who make log in 30 minutes before the tatkal ticket booking time and keep clicking on any link to keep the session alive.
3. Number of Queries: Again new concept was introduced :-/ Indian railways brought a new concept called “Limitation in a number of queries per session“. If you log in 5 minutes before tatkal ticket booking time and click more than 10 times on any link in the portal then the session gets expired and you get one error message as “Number of queries exceeded“.
This concept is introduced to eliminate spam from the website. However, irctc is ‘HTTPS://‘ means SSL secured (Secured socket Layer) but I mean Spam is visitors who use any script to automate the tatkal ticket booking process.
4. Captcha Filing: Did you ever notice the captcha during Normal ticket booking and Tatkal ticket booking time is totally different? During tatkal ticket booking time, the captcha is very hard to read so many times you struggle to enter a correct captcha and go ahead. To overcome this problem you can refer to the article Tatkal Booking Tricks 2022.
Que1. Can I book a tatkal ticket anytime online?
Ans. No, you can’t. Tatkal tickets can not be booked at any time. there are specific hours to book tatkal tickets online that ie. 10 am for AC coaches and 11 am for SL coaches on the daily basis.
The time is the same for both Online e-tickets and counter tickets.
Que2. How many tickets can be booked at a time in TATKAL?
As per the IRCTC new guidelines, one user is permitted to book only 2(two) tatkal tickets from one IP address between 10 am to 12 noon. So the user might get a limit exceeded warning while booking tickets for more than two.
If still you face any problem rather than mentioned above, feel free to comment below we will look into that.
Incoming Search Terms:
Tatkal ticket booking time IRCTC tatkal ticket timings New Tatkal Booking Timing of Indian Railways New changed Tatkal Ticket Booking Timing Tatkal booking timing for sleeper class IRCTC login train timings Tatkal railway booking time What time does tatkal booking open At what time tatkal booking starts, IRCTC tatkal booking time.